We are often asked how to care for our wood cutting boards. Here is a little bit of insight into keeping your wooden cutting board looking its best!
Keep Your Wooden Cutting Board Looking Its Best
Hint: These steps will work on any of your wooden kitchen utensils as well ;)
You'll need the following:
Your wood cutting board of course! (or wood kitchen utensil)
A clean, soft cloth or paper towel
Bloxstyle Handcrafted Wood Butter, Food Grade Mineral Oil, or Wood Conditioner
- Before starting, make sure your cutting board is as clean as possible and thoroughly dry.
- Using a clean, soft cloth or paper towel, apply the wood butter in an even layer over the entire wood surface.
- Let the wood butter soak in, overnight if possible, or for a couple of hours. (You can also reapply until the wood stops absorbing the oil.)
- Remove any remaining wood butter with a clean dry cloth or paper towel.
- Enjoy your rejuvenated wooden boards!
Check back soon for more blog posts, on caring for your wooden cutting board!
Things to remember:
- Hand wash only, do not soak or submerge your cutting board in water.
- Monthly use of a wood butter is recommended. We do offer Handcrafted Wood Butter in our shop, but there are also plenty of recipes available if you feel up to a little chemistry. Use of wood butter will extend the life and enhance the beauty of all your wood.
- Our engraved boards are designed to be displayed on the engraved side, but are fully functional for cutting, chopping, and slicing, on the reverse.
- Never put wooden boards in the dishwasher! Probably the worst thing you can do to the life of a wood cutting board. It will cause your board to split and crack and once it has, it will never be the same.
- Do NOT use olive or vegetable oils, as they turn rancid quickly.
With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, it's almost time for the Elves to return from their long stay at the North Pole! Ok let me rephrase that...Almost time to run around frantically looking for a new place to hide your Elf before your children wake up, because you forgot too last night!! I swore I'd never get [...]
For all the awesome fans of Breaking Bad out there, here's a quick look at the new Jesse Pinkman cutting board. Look for it in our cutting board section the first of October. Yeah, let's cook... Bitch.
A big thanks to Tiffanni Reidy and all the wonderful folks at DomiCile magazine for featuring Bloxstyle cutting boards in their Fall 2014 issue. You can check out the feature here: Thanksgiving worthy Cutting BoardsYou can also find the full fall issue of their magazine here: DomiCile Magazine Fall 2014 Issue